Robynartdesigns

Hello and welcome to my blog.
Do hope you'll stop by from time to time
and follow my adventures in all things creative!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!



Today is my Mums Birthday
she is 86 today
we celebrated with lunch at our house
my Sister came also
we shared lots of good food, wine
lots of chatter
and of course cake
lots of cake
Also many cups of tea
She was also
delighted at opening the
gifts we'd given her
The weather was perfect
crisp autumn morning
turning into a beautiful
warm summer afternoon
After such a lovely day
I can be so grateful
of many things about Mum
that she is still with us
as I know many out there
aren't so fortunate
Mum at 86
still has a very sharp mind
is also quite agile
still very creative
always so interested
in anything she can get her
hands on
whether it be
crochet, knitting, embroidery,
patchwork etc.,
and last but not least 
she is a wonderful friend
I'm sure it's her lifetime
passion for being creative
that has helped both to exercise
and keep
her mind so sharp
as she ages
Life just wouldn't be the same without her

Hope you're all having
a wonderful week-end
and are fortunate enough
to have a 
beautiful Mum
to share your life with 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Robyn,

    Happy birthday to your dear Mother and wishing her many more wonderful years ahead.
    My Mother is 94 and still going really strong, she is beautiful and still writes a letter most weeks and I feel so lucky to still have her.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your mom! How wonderful that your mom is enjoying good health. And such a lovely party you had!
    Wishing you a fantastic April Robyn!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment. I do enjoy reading them. I'm sorry if I don't get to answer them all
Robyn xx